2 St. George Fire Department engines and a tanker truck arrived at Organic Recycling a little after 7 a.m. on Wednesday, November 28.
According to fire officials, firefighters responded to “a reported smoldering fire in a large wood pile.”
Workers are trying to figure out where the fire originated and the St. George Fire Department said, “firefighters are wetting the pile in an effort to extinguish it and prevent the fire from growing larger within the pile.”
The St. George Fire Department determined that no one hurt as a result of this fire.
Fire officials said “the cause of the Pecue fire is thought to be spontaneous combustion from the heat generated within the pile of decaying organic material.”
Organic Pecue Wood Waste Recycling is located at 9455 Pecue Ln.