ST. HELENA PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) — St. Helena Parish School District says it will be returning to full COVID-19 protocols after several students tested positive.
The school district said the return to protocols will be effective immediately.
From St. Helena Parish School District:
“We enjoyed being COVID-free for the last seven weeks. Unfortunately, two new COVID-19 cases were reported last week and two more were reported today. Proper notification was given to all parties involved and CDC guidelines were followed.”
The school district reminds employees and students to:
- Wear your mask throughout the school day and on the bus. (The nose must be covered).
- Maintain social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- High-touch areas must be cleaned regularly.
- Fist bumps are allowed. No handshakes or hugs.
- Assigned seating and seating charts must be maintained in every classroom.
- Wash hands regularly.
- Vaccinated individuals DO NOT have to quarantine.
- Unvaccinated individuals must quarantine if exposed to COVID-19.
- Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated.
- Sign up for weekly COVID-19 testing.
- Report any issues to your school principal immediately.
St. Helena Parish School District’s COVID-19 information can be found by clicking here.