CONVENT, La. (BRPROUD) — St. James Parish will be opening a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) this upcoming weekend.
Residents recovering from Hurricane Ida can meet with FEMA representatives for assistance in filing claims or receive necessary recovery resources.
The DRC located at Convent Community Center opens Saturday, Sept. 18 at 11 a.m. Operations will continue daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
St. Jame Parish officials said the DRC will likely move to the West Bank Reception Hall in Vacherie to allow for more space once repairs are complete.
The DRC will have services available to residents including:
- Guidance regarding disaster recovery assistance and programs for survivors
- Clarification of any written correspondence received from FEMA
- Housing assistance and rental resource information
- Answers to questions, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance
- Status of applications being processed by FEMA