ST.MARTINVILLE, La (BRPROUD)- The St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle that was traveling on Main street, left of the center line, in St. Martinsville.
The driver of the vehicle was identified as 55-year-old Warren Smothers.
During the traffic stop, deputies observed suspected marijuana in the vehicle.
A search was conducted and deputies located a large bucket with suspected cannabinoids; several hand rolled cigarettes containing suspected cannabinoids, and one hydrocodone pill.
Deputies also found cocaine, synthetic cannabinoids, drug paraphernalia, and U.S. Currency.
He was arrested and charged as follows:
LA. R.S. 40:966A1 Possession With Intent To Distribute Schedule 1 (Synthetic Cannabinoids)-3 counts
LA. R.S. 40:967C Possession-Schedule II Narcotics (Cocaine HCL)
LA. R.S. 40:967C Possession-Schedule II Narcotics (Hydrocodone)
LA. R.S. 40:981.3 Violations of Controlled Dangerous: School Zone
LA. R.S. 40:981.3 Violations of Controlled Dangerous: Place of Worship
LA. R.S. 40:1041 Transactions Involving Proceeds from Drug Offenses-2 counts
LA. R.S 40:1023C Prohibited Acts-Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Following his arrest, he was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the above charges. At the time of this release, no bond had been set.
- Two Baton Rouge women take on the trash problem
- Tigers post wins over Youngstown State and Nicholls on Saturday
- Saturday Night: Seasonable pattern; Some rainy days
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- AP: Louisiana State Police trooper kicked, dragged Black man who died in custody