WEST BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A popular topic of conversation is the condition of local roadways.
On Tuesday, the focus is on the Big 3 tracks on LA 1.
The Iberville Parish Sheriff’s Office shed some light on the current state of “the condition of the highway at the Big 3 tracks on LA 1:”
We have been in contact with our state legislative delegation and representatives from Union Pacific regarding the condition of the highway at the Big 3 tracks on LA 1.
They have advised us of the following:
Union Pacific is working this week to install a temporary fix that will last longer than the asphalt patches we have been doing.
You should start seeing the materials for the temporary repairs show up this week.
The signal and surface design for this project is moving forward.
The process will take an extended period of time due to the complexity of the crossing.
We expect to start construction on the new crossing in approximately nine months.
- Dr. King’s legacy remembered during MLK Day “the urban experience” at Millennial Park
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Denham Springs Community honors the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- InspireNOLA MLK Basketball Classic recap and highlights
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. honored at church he pastored in Montgomery