BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – State office workers are headed back to work on Tuesday.
This is happening while Hurricane Laura makes its way towards Louisiana and Texas.
The Division of Administration released this statement on Monday:
Commissioner of Administration Jay Dardenne is announcing that state offices will reopen
Tuesday, Aug. 25, in all areas except those under evacuation orders, either mandatory or
voluntary. Commissioner Dardenne and other key officials continue to monitor Tropical Storm
Laura, and any decision regarding closures later in the week will be announced (Tuesday) tomorrow. State offices were closed yesterday in 35 parishes as the state prepared for severe weather associated with the Marco and Laura tropical systems.
State employees should be aware of the following phone numbers to call, which will be
updated: 1.800.360.9660 or 225.342.0498.
- US Supreme Court rejects petition from Louisiana pastor facing charges for violation of Covid-19 restrictions
- EBRCOA to allow essential workers to return, resume drive-thru lunch service Monday
- Bureau of Land Management confirms Utah ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Police investigating body found near Scenic Hwy. as homicide
- Public visitation for Ruffino’s founder scheduled for Tuesday