BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – State Rep. C. Denise Marcelle and various community sponsors are hosting the Annual Juneteenth Celebration on Saturday, June 19 at Gus Young Park in Baton Rouge.
“We are excited to come together as a community once again to celebrate this important milestone in American History,” said Rep. Marcelle. “It will be a fun event for the whole family.”
The free event happening from noon to 4 p.m. will include food, music and COVID-19 vaccinations administered by CareSouth Medical and Dental. Individuals who get the vaccine will receive free crawfish and are entered into a $1,000 drawing.
“We are honored to be a part of this great community celebration and provide much-needed vaccinations for our residents, especially the younger ones,” said Matthew Valliere, CareSouth CEO.
There will be Juneteenth celebrations throughout the month at Gus Young Park, including:
June 12, 2021 – CADAV Juneteenth Celebration
- Scotlandville Parkway, 3200 Harding Blvd., 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Vendors, food, games, music, 1K Trail Walk
June 18, 2021 – Baton Rouge African American Museum (BRAAM) Juneteenth Celebration
- Capitol Park Museum, 600 N. Fourth St., 6 p.m.
- Live music, poetry, Keynote Speaker Raymond Jetson
June 19, 2021 – Unified Juneteenth Caravan
- Memorial Stadium, 1750 Foss St., 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Register for the event at Eventbrite.com
Annual Juneteenth Celebration – Gus Young Park
- 4200 Gus Young Ave., 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Featuring Kenny Neal and the Neal family and free COVID-19 vaccinations