BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – First responders with the Baton Rouge Fire Department (BRFD) were called to the scene of an apartment fire in Old South Baton Rouge Monday, January 2.

BRFD says it was around 3:45 p.m. when the blaze was accidentally set in an apartment at 1701 Duane Street.

According to firefighters, a bed in the complex’s upstairs bedroom was on fire and the blaze caused minimal damage to its surroundings.

Though the damage is considered minimal, the incident resulted in a $4,000 loss and BRFD says the apartment home’s three occupants must live elsewhere, at least temporarily.

The Red Cross was called upon to assist the displaced individuals.