LIVINGSTON PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) — The owner of Tiki Tubing, who was previously arrested on a count of sexual battery in the spring, was arrested again on Wednesday.

Jail records show John Fore, 67, was arrested Wednesday, Oct. 12 on violation of protective orders. Court documents said a $10,000 bond was placed.

According to the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office, deputies were dispatched to Wildwood Drive on Wednesday for a violation of protective order complaint.

Fore was previously arrested on a sexual battery charge in May and an investigation was launched after the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office received a complaint from a juvenile. A day after his arrest, a wrongful death lawsuit was filed against Tiki Tubing.

In the lawsuit, the wife of 54-year-old Keith Hillard, Lisa, claimed her husband’s death could have been prevented. Keith died in a tubing accident on Father’s Day in 2021. The sheriff’s office said deputies responded to a call regarding a man who did not resurface from underwater after attempting to retrieve a dropped item.

Lisa claims that a Tiki Tubing employee assured her that the river was safe when she called to ask if it was safe for Keith to participate in tubing although he could not swim, according to the lawsuit.

The river’s safety was questioned by the public following several incidents in 2021. The Livingston Parish Council adopted safety regulations in October 2021 that would require life vests, tubers, and swimmers to watch a safety video, along with other new rules.

The tubing company announced it would not reopen for the 2022 season, citing the closure was due to “new rules being enforced on the river and other complications.”

Amid a lawsuit and days after Fore’s arrest, Tiki Tubing’s co-owner and Fore’s wife, Patricia Fore, was jailed on a sexual battery charge. Livingston Parish Sheriff Jason Ard said in a statement that it was brought to his attention that the 2019 case was not “pursued as diligently as it should have been.”

The sheriff’s office did not release details of the 2019 investigation.

On May 27, Sheriff Ard said the reopened investigation into Patricia was completed and submitted to the district attorney for review. He also asked any victims related to the incident to come forward and call LPSO at 225-686-2241 x1.