BIENVILLE PARISH, La. (KTVE/KARD) — The Louisiana State Police say that I-20 East just outside of Arcadia is currently open after a fatal accident earlier this morning.
LSP says, “I-20 eastbound is open. I-20 westbound will remain closed.”
The closure originally started approximately 10 miles west of Arcadia.
According to Louisiana State Police, the fatal accident involved an 18-wheeler that burned up following the crash.
Troop G is investigating and is expected to release more details soon.
A detour has been established for motorists wanting to go west.
Westbound traffic will need to exit I-20 at milepost 61 and turn onto LA 154. From there, traffic will turn right onto US Hwy 80 and continue west. Traffic will be able to re-enter I-20 at milepost 55.
So far, according to Troop F, traffic has backed up almost all the way into Troop F’s territory.
We will continue to update this article as more information about the accident becomes available.
- Gymnastics Returns Home to Face No. 11 Georgia
- ‘Zip Tie Guy’ had 15 firearms, tactical gear in his home, court documents say
- Border wall construction goes on in spite of Biden mandate to stop it
- Dr. Fauci addresses coronavirus mutations, state of pandemic in first briefing of Biden administration
- New Orleans woman imprisoned at 19 is stunned, elated by pardon from Trump