BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Two LSU students are taking part in the National American Miss Pageant.
The pageant is happening in Orlando, Florida during the last week of November.
Madeline Claire Gilmore and Vivien Lane Poche are representing Louisiana in the pageant and information about each LSU student can be found below:
Madeline Claire Gilmore was recently named NAM Louisiana Miss 2020. An LSU junior from Rayville, LA, Gilmore is an integrity scholarship recipient studying finance and political science and has interned with the legislature at both the state and national levels. She is a member of Delta Gamma sorority.
Vivien Lane Poche was recently named Miss Louisiana Teen 2020. An LSU freshman from New Orleans, LA, Poche is an academic scholarship recipient studying psychology and English in the Ogden Honors College, and works as a Disney Princess in her spare time. She is a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority.
The two local college students are part of a group of sister queens from the state.
The sister queens from Louisiana are taking part in the upcoming pageant which determines winners in age groups ranging from 4 to 24.
- Analysis: Louisiana lawmakers renew talk of TOPS disparities
- Fiancé of missing boater gives update on Sunday’s search for remaining Seacor Power crewmen lost at sea
- United Cajun Navy joins search for missing crew members
- Dog receives award after saving his owner’s life
- Louisiana native’s newly released book ‘Love and Happiness’ is candid and revealing