MONROE, La. (AP) — An official with the University of Louisiana Monroe Alumni Association has been accused of assaulting her husband in his home.
Jenny Pankey, the interim alumni director of the association, was booked into a jail in Monroe Saturday for unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling and domestic abuse battery, the News Star reported.
Pankey and her husband are separated. An arrest report filed by the Monroe Police Department said she entered his home Friday night by entering a code. Police said she then hit him in the chest and grabbed his neck.
Pankey, 45, was released on a $7,000 bond shortly after she was booked into jail.
It was not immediately clear if she has an attorney who could comment on her behalf.
- Next Johnson & Johnson vaccine shipment may not come until end of the month, officials say
- Gov. Cuomo to hold first news conference following harassment allegations
- Louisiana man arrested on identity theft charges after using stolen credit card at hotel
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment
- Louisiana man arrested after fleeing traffic stop in Hammond, police say