PORT ALLEN, La. (The West Side Journal) – A pursuit by State Police that began in Iberville Parish ended in a collision with a police unit on Avenue G and South River Road in Port Allen Friday night.
Troopers attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a stolen vehicle around 9:30 p.m. but the driver refused to stop, leading authorities on a high-speed pursuit through West Baton Rouge.
The driver of the stolen vehicle has not been identified by State Police nor have the charges against the driver been confirmed.
- The show must go on! How drag queens are navigating the pandemic
- Night hunting case in St. Landry Parish leads to multiple arrest
- Louisiana Department of Education to use $2 million in pandemic relief funds to provide free ACT tests
- Governor’s office proposes hopeful budget with no spending cuts
- Terrace Avenue house fire deemed an arson, Baton Rouge Fire Department says