BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- Verizon wireless has deployed wireless emergency communication centers to help Louisiana residents stay connected after Hurricane Ida.
The wireless centers will be available daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The WECC trailer will have a tent and charging table set up outside, due to COVID safety protocols.
Wireless Emergency Communication Centers are generator-powered mobile units that have device charging and computer workstations, along with wireless phones, tablets and other devices to contact friends, family and other important contacts over Verizon’s 4G LTE network.
Here are the locations where the wireless centers will be staged:
- Rosenwald Recreation Center- 1120 S Broad St, New Orleans, La 70125
- Joe Brown Recreation Center- 5601 Read Blvd., New Orleans, La 70127
- Dr. Leo S Butler Community Center- 950 E Washington St., Baton Rouge, La 70802
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center- 4000 Gus Young Ave., Baton Rouge, La 70802
- 14145 West University Ave., Hammond, La 70401