CENTRAL CITY, La. (BRPROUD) – The Central Fire Department was called to a scene that did not involve a fire on Monday.
CFD helped District Six Fire with the rescue of an injured hiker.
The scene of the rescue was “at the Hooper Rd BREC bike trails,” according to the Central Fire Department.
The Central Fire Department provided a Polaris Ranger to assist with the rescue effort.
CFD says, the UTV was used “to get personnel and equipment into the woods.”
A medical helicopter was also called to the scene.
The Acadian Air Med 3 “landed on the Comite River beach and transported the injured biker to the hospital, according to the Central Fire Department.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration