BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – “No one is to be seated next to each other. There must be 6 feet separation between all attendees. Evidence for failure to comply with these required measures will result in a $500.00 fine and the loss of hosting and potentially participating in any further football games and/or winter sports (basketball, wrestling, soccer, and powerlifting).”
That is what Louisiana High School Athletic Association Executive Director Eddie Bonine said in his latest memo.
With that in mind, one local head football coach is asking fans to wear their mask and keep their distance from each other at an upcoming Louisiana Class 5A football playoff game.
Central High School Athletic Director and Head Football Coach Emile B Sid Edwards took to Twitter on Thanksgiving.
Among other things, Coach Sid says in this video below, “no matter what our stance is on mask wearing, no matter what our stance is on this dreaded virus, or how you feel, I’m pleading with you to be in compliance Friday night for our young men. They have worked extremely hard to get to this point and if you’re like me, I’m willing to do whatever I need to do to make sure that they got the opportunity to realize their dreams.”
Central High is taking on Pineville at 7 p.m. on Friday night.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration