BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Mayor Broome and local leaders are taking part in a groundbreaking ceremony for the Mall of Louisiana Blvd. project.
Along with the groundbreaking ceremony, “the ongoing $1 billion MOVEBR infrastructure program” is on the agenda.
These local leaders are expected to attend Wednesday’s news conference:
- Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome
- Councilwoman Laurie Adams
- MOVEBR Program Management Team
- Mall of Louisiana
- Representatives from Perkins Rowe
- Representatives from Dunham School
- Wimbledon Civic Association
Details about the The Mall of Louisiana Boulevard project can be found below:
- A new four-lane roadway, approximately 1.4 miles in length from Perkins Road to the Mall of Louisiana Ring Road.
- This new roadway will consist of two new bridges over Dawson Creek, an underpass at the railroad track with a new pump station for enhanced drainage, and a 10-foot shared path for walking and cycling that connects to the BREC Trail at Dawson’s Creek.
- Provides access to the Wimbledon Subdivision via three connection points: Back Court Drive, Maureen Connolly and Rod Laver Avenue.
- A privacy wall will be installed along the roadway adjacent to the Wimbledon Subdivision
- Enhancements on Perkins Road with the relocation of the traffic signal at Perkins Road and Grand Avenue to the intersection of Perkins Road and Mall of Louisiana Boulevard.
The Mall of Louisiana Boulevard project is expected to be done sometime in 2023.