PORT ALLEN, La. (BRPROUD)– West Baton Rouge Parish leaders have decided to allow bars to reopen.
Parish President Riley Berthelot sent notice to the ATC to opt-in allowing for bars to reopen as soon as Wednesday, September 30.
The bars can open at 25% capacity with table service only. No drinks are allowed to be served after 11 p.m.
Jack’s Place owner Jill Saia says she is cautiously optimistic about reopening again.
“We opened once before in June and then we had to close down again,” Saia.
Saia is also excited to be able to reopen just in time to serve the local running club that passes through on Thursday.
“You know it’s more than just a place to come drink it’s a place to come see your friends and visit and see your neighbors, we miss our friends,” Saia said.
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room