WEST FELICIANA PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) — West Feliciana Parish residents chose their next council member on Saturday, Nov. 18.
Republicans Gerald “Jerry” Tanner and John C. Thompson were the two candidates running for the Council Member at Large District E race. Tanner won in complete but unofficial results on the Louisiana Secretary of State website as of 9:57 p.m. Nov. 18.
Across Louisiana, voters cast ballots in statewide races. They elected Liz Murrill as attorney general, Nancy Landry as secretary of state and John Fleming as treasurer. Voters also decided on four proposed constitutional amendments.
Races decided with Oct. 14 primary
The following candidates won their respective races on Oct. 14:
- Parish President: Kenneth “Kenny” Havard, Republican
- Council Member District A: Thomas Pate, Democrat
- Council Member District B: Troy “Tab” Ballard, Republican
- Council Member District C: John M. Thompson, No Party
Races decided at qualifying
Qualifying for state and local races was Aug. 8-10. If a race had only one candidate at the end of qualifying, that person will take office at the start of the next term.
The following seats were filled in unopposed races:
- Sheriff: Brian L. Spillman, Republican
- Clerk of Court: Stewart Hughes, No Party
- Assessor: Richard Kendrick, No Party
- Coroner: Chaillie Daniel, No Party
- Council Member District D: Justin Metz, Republican