WEST FELICIANA PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) — Some West Feliciana Parish residents will be able to vote on the next council members on Saturday, Nov. 18. Republicans Gerald “Jerry” Tanner and John C. Thompson are the two remaining candidates in the Council Member at Large District E race.
Across Louisiana, voters will cast ballots for the attorney general, secretary of state and treasurer and decide on four proposed constitutional amendments.
The general election will be Nov. 18. Early voting will be 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Nov. 5-11, excluding Sunday, Nov. 5 and when Veterans Day is observed Friday, Nov. 10.
Races decided Oct. 14
The following candidates won their respective races on Oct. 14 from complete but unofficial results from the Louisiana Secretary of State’s website:
- Parish President: Kenneth “Kenny” Havard, Republican
- Council Member District A: Thomas Pate, Democrat
- Council Member District B: Troy “Tab” Ballard, Republican
- Council Member District C: John M. Thompson, No Party
Races decided at qualifying
Qualifying for state and local races was Aug. 8-10. If a race had only one candidate at the end of qualifying, that person will take office at the start of the next term.
The following seats were filled in unopposed races:
- Sheriff: Brian L. Spillman, Republican
- Clerk of Court: Stewart Hughes, No Party
- Assessor: Richard Kendrick, No Party
- Coroner: Chaillie Daniel, No Party
- Council Member District D: Justin Metz
Meet the candidates in West Feliciana Parish
Council Member at Large District E
- Gerald “Jerry” Tanner, Republican
- John C. Thompson, Republican