WEST FELICIANA PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) — West Feliciana Parish residents chose Kenneth “Kenny” Havard as the parish president on Saturday, Oct. 14. In complete but unofficial results from the Louisiana Secretary of Office website, he had 73% of the vote.
West Feliciana Parish also voted on parish council members, state lawmakers, and the next sheriff.
The District E council race goes to a runoff between two Republicans: Gerald “Jerry” Tanner had 42% of the vote and John C. Thompson had 32%.
Across Louisiana, voters also cast ballots for the governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, secretary of state and treasurer in the primary.
The general election will be on Nov. 18. Early voting is set for 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 3-11 (excluding Sunday, Nov. 5, and Friday, Nov. 10 in honor of Veteran’s Day). Learn where you can cast early ballots here.
Seats already filled after qualifying include:
- Sheriff: Brian L. Spillman, Republican.
- Clerk of Court: Stewart Hughes, No Party.
- Assessor: Richard Kendrick, No Party.
- Coroner: Chaillie Daniel, No Party.
- Council Member District D: Justin Metz, Republican.
Oct. 14 election results for West Feliciana Parish
The following are complete but unofficial results from the Louisiana Secretary of State’s website as of 10:30 p.m. Oct. 14.
Winners are in bold.
Candidates going to a runoff are in italics.
- Kenneth “Kenny” Havard, Republican: 2,556, 73%
- Charles “Chuck” Spillman, Independent: 969, 27%
Council Member District A
- David Jewell, No Party: 188, 28%
- Jonathan Meredith, 117, No Party: 17%
- Thomas Pate, Democrat: 377, 55%
Council Member District B
- Troy “Tab” Ballard, Republican: 428, 56%
- Lula M. London, Democrat
- Rolanda Johnson Robinson, Democrat: 331, 44%
Council Member District C
- Michael Campanella, No Party: 520, 47%
- John M. Thompson, No Party: 584, 53%
Council Member at Large District E
- Gerald “Jerry” Tanner, Republican: 1,553, 42%
- John C. Thompson, Republican: 1,164, 32%
- Melvin Young, Democrat: 950, 26%