BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Old prescription drugs that need to be disposed of can be dropped off at one of several locations in the Greater Baton Rouge area on Saturday, Oct. 29.
Hours for the October National Take Back Day hosted by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Drop-off locations in the Greater Baton Rouge area:
- Baton Rouge Police Department Headquarters (9000 Airline Highway)
- DEA Baton Rouge (9313 Burbank Drive)
- Woman’s Hospital (100 Woman’s Way)
- Walmart in Plaquemine (59690 Belleview Drive)
- Walker Police Department (10136 Florida Boulevard)
The last Take Back Day in April resulted in 721,093 pounds of prescription medication collected. For more information about National Take Back Day, click here.
Can’t make it to October’s drop-off day? To search for locations collecting prescription medications year-round, click here.