BATON ROUGE, LA (BR-PROUD) – The YMCA is kicking off the new year with a new group fitness program, Fired Up.
Fired Up is a new HIIT styled class designed to take your fitness to the next level.
“Fired Up is an outdoor HIIT exercise program. We’re going to have coaches coaching it throughout the week.”
YMCA Group Fitness Director Alexis Falcon said you can expect a mixture of cardio and high intensity interval training.
“It will be a little bit of both. There will be some running but mostly it’s going to be with workout equipment. So you’ll be doing some squats, slam balls and stuff like that.”
Falcon said the best part is you can get a great workout in less than an hour.
“The program is a pre-design program and it’s only 45 minutes. So you will get in and out with a super nice, quick work out. And it doesn’t matter which coach you have the program will be the same throughout the week.”
Falcon said to get ready to sweat.
“You’re going to be working out hard for 45 seconds and then you’re only going to have a 15 seconds to rest to move onto the next exercise.”
Fired Up is offered to both members and no members.
Visit the YMCA website to register.
- Video shows fighter’s incredible knockout kick in first-ever MMA fight
- Man dies in home explosion
- How to complete ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ in the shortest time possible
- How to win ‘The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time’ in 15 minutes
- City-Parish leaders call relaxed concealed carry bills a public safety concern