BATON ROUGE, La (WVLA/WGMB)— Hundreds lined up for a voter registration and food giveaway in Baton Rouge, Friday.
The drive-thru event was for people in the Sherwood Forest and Broadmoor
neighborhoods. Families in need were provided with one box of food in addition to help
with getting registered to vote. Organizers say the drive is designed to help those
facing food insecurity due to the pandemic.
“People are still suffering and are unable to get what they need due to this Coronavirus due to this shutdown loss of job and it’s my responsibility,” says Christopher Dassau, event organizer.
Community members were also provided an opportunity to register to vote in time for the November election.
- LIVE Friday Update: New video of conditions when Seacor Vessel capsized on Tuesday.
- BRFD responds to accidental fire started by repairman
- Families hope loved ones can be found alive in capsized boat
- Head of Tokyo Olympics again says games will not be canceled
- Louisiana lawmakers weigh medical marijuana expansion, tax