BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A gathering took place in North Baton Rouge on Saturday morning.
Members of the community and the Community Against Drugs and Violence came together at Scotlandville BREC Park from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Organizers pointed out that attendees would be able to enjoy these activities:
- 1K trail walk bringing awareness to childhood obesity
- *T-Shirts provided, first come first serve
- Townhall meeting with CPEX for the Scotlandville Master Plan implementation community feedback
- Our Lady of the Lake administration of COVID-19 vaccinations
- Drawings for free gift cards
- Food Share with 50 Top Box vouchers to be given away for food delivery for the month of July
- Swimming pool is open at the YMCA at no charge 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- BREC gym open
Local organizations that participated on Saturday morning include, CADAV, BREC, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, the City of Baton Rouge and Moms Demand Action Against Gun Violence.