BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Early voting starts Friday and election workers are busy making sure you are safe when casting your ballot.
The recreation center at Forest Community Park looks normal on the outside, but the inside is being transformed. It is the newest early voting location in East Baton Rouge Parish.
The signs are up and the machines are in place. This is the first time Forest Community Park will be used for early voting. The Registrar of Voters branch office on Coursey was too small for social distancing. Registrar of Voters Steve Raborn is expecting long lines.
“It’s a long ballot. There’s seven constitutional amendments on the ballot. There’s other propositions. So it’s really great if you’ve looked at the sample ballot ahead of time and it makes it a lot quicker for you to vote and for those who are behind you in line,” said Raborn.
The East Baton Rouge Parish Mayor-President’s race is also on the ballot. One day after the BRAC 2020 Mayoral forum, the agency released the full summary of a poll by JMC Analytics.
It shows the top four candidates are Sharon Weston Broom, Steve Carter, Matt Watson, and C. Denise Marcelle. 19% of voters polled are undecided.
These numbers coming just two days before early voting starts. The key word is patience.
Raborn added, “If voters can be patient in line, patient with the workers who are here volunteering to help them, it all goes a lot easier.”
Early Voting Locations in East Baton Rouge Parish
- City Hall: 222 St. Louis Street, Room 607, Baton Rouge
- State Archives Building: 3851 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge
- Forest Community Park: 13900 S. Harrell’s Ferry Road, Baton Rouge
- Baker Motor Vehicle Building: 2250 Main Street, Baker
- Central Branch Library: 11260 Joor Road, Central
Early voting runs from October 16th through October 27th from 8:00 am – 7:00 pm except Sundays.
- Puppy born with rare green fur in Italy
- WATCH: Pro-Trump students explain reason for impromptu parade, call heckling Biden supporters ‘immature’
- Wisconsin County cuts funding to domestic violence shelter that showed support for BLM
- Family finds two-headed snake in home
- Young mom, cancer survivor inspires others with Day18 Campaign