(CNN Newsource)—The first department store ever established in the US is closing its doors for good.
Lord & Taylor announced Thursday it will have to shut down all 38 of its remaining stores.
The high-end retailer was in business for 194 years.
Lord & Taylor filed for bankprupcy on Aug. 2. The plan originally called for the company to leave some locations open, but the rtailer said it was a better financial decision to close all of them.
The liquidator for the company said customers can expect deep discounts on merchandise both in stores and online.
- Lochte flops: Olympic career likely over after 7th in 200 IM
- Ryan Crouser goes big, breaks 31-year-old shot put record
- LSP: Fatal crash involving motorcycle in Ascension Parish under investigation
- Man to run entire length of US for mental health awareness: ‘Start to feel better about yourself’
- UPDATE: 6 individuals shot, 2 dead in Florida Blvd parking lot shooting