ST. LANDRY PARISH, La. (KLFY) According to the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office, 33-year-old Rachael Lynn Tresner of Opelousas has been arrested on one count of cruelty to persons with infirmities for allegedly mistreating an adult with disabilities.
It is alleged that the victim, who was unable to care for herself, was left alone by Tresner for an extended amount of time.
She also left two of her three children with the victim, a press release states.
Tresner left the residence at 9:30 am to bring one of her children to an appointment and did not return with her juvenile child until 11:45 am, according to the release.
During the investigation, it was determined that Tresner had quit her job and left the residence with her three children at approximately 12:00 (noon).
The residence was on generator power and the victim was worried about being alone due to being on oxygen, unable to get out of bed without assistance and having nothing to eat, the release states.
When questioned by detectives, Tresner admitted to being the victim’s caretaker and admitted that she left the victim alone and was not planning to return due to being cussed at by the victim, the release states.
She further admitted that her children left trash throughout the residence and a trail of human feces on the floor from the bedroom to the bathroom.
- Family finds two-headed snake in home
- Young mom, cancer survivor inspires others with Day18 Campaign
- High School in Louisiana hosts balloon release for sisters who died in state trooper involved wreck
- Louisiana man arrested after threatening to kill people with plastic handgun
- Confederate statue outside Alabama courthouse removed overnight