CHALMETTE, La. (WDSU) – A Chalmette couple was arrested Friday and is accused of a drug operation, according to the St. Bernard Sheriff’s Office.
Dwayne Thomas, 27, and Donisha Gresham, 25, were both booked on the following charges:
- Possession with intent to distribute cocaine
- Possession with intent to distribute MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Possession with intent to distribute marijuana
- Illegal use of a controlled dangerous substance in the presence of a minor
- Cruelty to a juvenile
- Possession of drug paraphernalia.
During the investigation, agents recovered 958 ecstasy tablets with a street value of $9,580; 79 grams of cocaine with a street value of $16,670; and 1,719 grams of marijuana with a street value of $34,380, according to the sheriff.
Agents also recovered drug paraphernalia and more than $5,800 in cash, Sheriff James Pohlmann said.
Thomas and Greshman were both transported from the residence to St. Bernard Parish Prison to be booked on the above charges, Pohlmann said.
Sheriff Pohlmann reminds residents to call the Sheriff’s Office narcotics hotline at (504) 271-DOPE or 3673 to report suspected illegal drug activity in St. Bernard Parish. Callers can remain anonymous, and all calls will be acted upon.
By: WDSU Digital Team