JENA, La. (AP) — A Louisiana sheriff’s deputy shot and killed a man who was shooting at deputies who had come to arrest him on a domestic violence warrant, Louisiana State Police said Friday.
A LaSalle Parish sheriff’s deputy was slightly injured during the exchange of gunfire late Thursday with Jessie A. Hudnall, 29, of the Whitehall community near Jena, a state police news release said.
As deputies tried to arrest Hudnall, he fled to and barricaded himself inside a home, the statement said.
The statement did not say how the gunfire began. Asked who shot first, Trooper Casey Wallace emailed only, “Ongoing investigation.”
Hudnall died at a hospital.
The news release did not give his race or the deputy’s.
- 618 Louisiana vaccine providers in all 64 parishes will receive COVID-19 vaccine this week
- LDH reports almost 373,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases since tallying began last year
- Claimed value of sleepy NY estate could haunt Trump
- Allergies or COVID-19? How to tell the difference
- Juvenile shot in Louisiana while inside home on Sunday night