JENA, La. (AP) — A Louisiana sheriff’s deputy shot and killed a man who was shooting at deputies who had come to arrest him on a domestic violence warrant, Louisiana State Police said Friday.
A LaSalle Parish sheriff’s deputy was slightly injured during the exchange of gunfire late Thursday with Jessie A. Hudnall, 29, of the Whitehall community near Jena, a state police news release said.
As deputies tried to arrest Hudnall, he fled to and barricaded himself inside a home, the statement said.
The statement did not say how the gunfire began. Asked who shot first, Trooper Casey Wallace emailed only, “Ongoing investigation.”
Hudnall died at a hospital.
The news release did not give his race or the deputy’s.
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Indirect effects of COVID increase as Baton Rouge levels case numbers
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Here’s how Hunter Biden became a campaign issue
- US announces sanctions against Iran for attempted election interference