WEST MONROE, La. — Louisiana is making it easier for residents to renew their driver’s licenses and I.D.’s after state-wide closures of Motor Vehicle offices due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you already have LA Wallet, you will need to update the app to the newest version.
Louisiana is the first state in the US to offer renewal of driver’s licenses and IDs through LA Wallet.
“We are very excited for Louisiana residents to have another option to renew their driver licenses and identification cards,” stated OMV Commissioner Karen St. Germain.
An instructional video on using LA Wallet’s new functionality, and other help information such as password resets, can be found by visiting LAWallet.com.
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Saturday Night: Near-normal temperatures; Storms on Monday before an autumn cool down
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Amy Coney Barrett: 5 things to know about Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- ‘They were waiting for him’: Man acquitted of murder is shot hours after his release from jail