MONROE, La. (KTVE/KARD) — Dr. David Scott Burkett was arrested Wednesday, September 9, after an investigation by Louisiana State Police.
According to Louisiana State Police Burkett is charged with 106 counts of illegal distribution of a schedule two drug.
Schedule two drugs are highly addictive, examples include methadone, oxycodone and fentanyl,
Burkett is facing several other charges including conspiracy to distribute a schedule two drug.
His bond is set at $992,000.
- Locals arrest two men at traffic stop with drug possession
- Historic railroad caboose for sale in Louisiana
- Longtime State Fire Marshal employee dies following lengthy illness
- Department of Corrections investigating inmate attack on two corrections officers at Elayn Hunt
- BREC announces reopening’s around Baton Rouge during Phase 3