BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The fourth annual Louisiana Early Ed Week, which will be virtual this year, is set to kick off Monday.
Hosted by the Louisiana Policy Institute for Children and the Louisiana Early Childhood Business Roundtable, the virtual events aim to show the need for increased access to and investment in education for children age 4 and younger.
The following guests will speak at the events:
- Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards
- Louisiana Superintendent Dr. Cade Brumley
- Federal Reserve Bank Economist Rob Grunewald
- Director of the Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University, Dr. Jack Shonkoff
The schedule and links to join each event are as follows:
- Monday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. — the keynote address will be streamed via Facebook
- Tuesday at 6 p.m. — the “Brain Matters” virtual film will be screened. Register to watch it here
- Thursday at 6 p.m. — the Urban League of Louisiana, Stand for Children Louisiana, Power Coalition and Parent Leadership Training Institute will host a parent forum on child care. Click here to join.
- Southern dominates in SWAC home opener against Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 59-3
- Saturday Night Forecast: Low Humidity Continues Before Highs Increase by Mid-Week
- Is it safe to flush toilets during severe flooding?
- Is a used electric vehicle a bargain or a trap?
- Fentanyl laced with animal tranquilizer leading to limb amputations