February was a good month for those that played the Louisiana Lottery.
Even though there were only 28 days in the month, lottery players in the state went home with $17.7 million dollars last month. Scratch-off cash prizes totaled $11.7 million in February and Lottery winnings totaled over $6 million.
The Louisiana Lottery broke down some of the winner totals:
- Draw-style game winnings included:
- One Powerball with Power Play match-4 + PB prize of $250,000
- Four Powerball match-4 + PB prizes totaling $200,000
- 76 Powerball match-4 prizes totaling $7,600.
- One Mega Millions match-4 + MB prize of $10,000
- 29 Mega Millions match-4 prizes totaling $14,500.
- Eighty players won Lotto match-5 prizes totaling $163,258
- Pick 3 winning tickets totaled $2,061,890
- Pick 4 winning tickets totaled $1,448,100.
- One player won an Easy 5 jackpot prize worth $155,582
- $118,600 won on ezmatch, an instant-win option available for an additional $1.
“Over 29,000 Power Play purchasers won an extra $530,058 in addition to their regular Powerball prizes,” Lottery President Rose Hudson said. “About 20,000 Megaplier purchasers won a bonus total of $144,366 in addition to their regular Mega Millions prizes.”
Some of the winners mentioned that new fishing equipment and a casino trip were in their futures.