BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office on Friday arrested a Galliano man after investigating allegations of ongoing sexual abuse of a child younger than 13.
Jesus Romero, 40, faces a charge of first-degree rape.
No further details are available due to the nature of the allegations, according to the sheriff’s office.
He’s in the Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex in Thibodaux, and his bond has not yet been set.
- New web series, ‘GRITS’, tells the story of Black, LGBTQ community growing up in the Deep South
- One person killed in Friday morning crash on I-110 near Harding
- EBR Parish School Board approves Juneteenth recognition across school system
- Ascension Parish council approves of nine month development moratorium
- LSU’s Curry qualifies for the Tokyo Olympics