HOUMA, La. (WDSU) — Houma police officers have arrested a man in connection with the disappearance of a woman 22 years ago.
Chief Dana Coleman says officers arrested 47-year-old Stanley Briggs for second-degree murder in the disappearance of Shannon Harris.
Officers responded on Sept. 19, 2020 to a medical emergency on Stovall Street and aided Briggs for an apparent drug reaction, according to Coleman.
During conversation with officers, Briggs disclosed information related to the disappearance of Harris, who is believed to have been buried at a location in Terrebonne Parish, Houma police said.
A warrant was obtained for second-degree murder and Briggs was booked Monday at the Terrebonne Parish Criminal Justice Complex.
Houma police say efforts are underway to locate the remains of Harris, whose family has been identified.
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room