LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY)- A 26-year-old Lafayette man wanted in an investigation into a Jan. 5 shooting on Hebert Road is in custody.
Joseph Devoltz was arrested Monday. He faces four counts of attempted first-degree murder and one count of simple burglary.
He is accused on threatening and firing a rifle at a father and three sons following a verbal altercation, authories said.
“As the father and his three sons exited their vehicle, the suspect fired several shots at them. No one was injured, but their vehicle sustained damage from gunfire,” Lafayette Police Department Sgt. Wayne Griffin said in a release.
No one was injured, Griffin said.
Devoltz is being held at the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center on a $601,500 bond. The investigation is ongoing.
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?
- Dog and goat serving as mayor raise money to renovate playground
- Analysis: No immediate vaccine changes planned in Louisiana
- Louisiana congressman’s father among latest virus victims
- Twitter temporarily suspends congresswoman over election fraud claims