MONROE, La. — A Monroe man is facing one count of Second-Degree Murder after a teenager died following a stabbing on Friday.
According to court documents, Monroe Police officers were called to the 1600 block of South First Street in regards to a possible shooting.
When officers arrived, they found a 17-year-old with severe injuries to his back and chest. The teen was taken to a local hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Witnesses told police that 62-year-old Eddie Joe Hall had stabbed the teen during a fight and then ran away.
Hall was arrested on Friday night, charged with one count of Second-Degree Murder. His bond has been set at $500,000.
- Biden calls for nationwide mask mandate
- Man accused of attempting to run his ex-girlfriend off the road in Louisiana
- Overnight shooting at Grambling State University leaves one injured
- Friday Morning: Scattered to numerous showers and storms; Small drop in humidity next week
- Sen. Cassidy gives latest on relief funding negotiations