MONROE, La. (KARD/KTVE) — Authorities have arrested a Monroe man at the Ouachita Parish Public Library after they say he struck an elderly person for using a racial slur towards him.
Post arrest, the suspect identified as Tybias Truly, advised a woman inside the library tricked him using witchcraft and made him believe he was hearing voices that only stopped after he struck the victim.
The victim was 68-years-old.
Tybias Truly was arrested and transported to Ouachita Correctional Center on charges for Simple Battery of the Infirmed.
His bond is $5,000.
- Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office investigating deadly shooting
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Diabetes: What to expect?
- Thursday Night: Fog and rain tonight; Numerous showers this Friday
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Beware COVID-19 scams: Here’s what to look for