BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A Thibodaux man arrested in June on several counts of rape, domestic abuse and crimes against nature now faces 194 counts of possession of child pornography, Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre announced Friday.
Douglas Baney, 60, became the center of an investigation in June when two people came forward and accused him of inappropriately touching them when they were children years prior. The investigation revealed that Baney raped one of the victims, according to the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Baney was arrested on three counts of aggravated rape, three counts of crimes against nature and two counts of domestic abuse battery on June 18.
But the investigation didn’t stop there.
Detectives found child pornography in Baney’s possession after executing search warrants on his electronic devices. Baney was booked on Thursday for the charges of possession of pornography involving juveniles.
Baney is at the Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex, and his bail is set at $521,000, according to the sheriff’s office.
- ‘Downton Abbey’ cast returning for sequel arriving in theaters in December
- Counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows
- NOPD: One killed in school bus crash on Chef Menteur Highway
- Stalker arrested at Taylor Swift’s New York apartment building, police say
- Newsfeed Now: Jury deliberations set to start in Chauvin trial; NASA launches helicopter over surface of Mars