BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A Thibodaux man arrested in June on several counts of rape, domestic abuse and crimes against nature now faces 194 counts of possession of child pornography, Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre announced Friday.
Douglas Baney, 60, became the center of an investigation in June when two people came forward and accused him of inappropriately touching them when they were children years prior. The investigation revealed that Baney raped one of the victims, according to the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Baney was arrested on three counts of aggravated rape, three counts of crimes against nature and two counts of domestic abuse battery on June 18.
But the investigation didn’t stop there.
Detectives found child pornography in Baney’s possession after executing search warrants on his electronic devices. Baney was booked on Thursday for the charges of possession of pornography involving juveniles.
Baney is at the Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex, and his bail is set at $521,000, according to the sheriff’s office.
- Seven constitutional amendments on the ballot in Louisiana this year.
- Saturday Night: Quiet end to the weekend; All eyes on Tropical Depression 28 in the Caribbean
- GALLERY: LSU runs away from South Carolina
- Car accident kills Geismar woman
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead