BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A man found guilty of first-degree rape in February was sentenced Monday to life in prison without the possibility of parole, probation or the suspension of his sentence, Lafourche Parish District Attorney Kristine Russell announced.
During the trial, it took the jury less than an hour to deem Johnny Moore Jr. guilty, according to the DA’s Office.
“Crimes of a sexual nature are difficult to prosecute in that a trial can potentially cause more trauma to the victim,” Russell said. “A good prosecutor has to work hard to balance the victim’s dignity with the pursuit of justice, and this is exactly what they did.”
- Seven constitutional amendments on the ballot in Louisiana this year.
- Saturday Night: Quiet end to the weekend; All eyes on Tropical Depression 28 in the Caribbean
- GALLERY: LSU runs away from South Carolina
- Car accident kills Geismar woman
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead