LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) -The man arrested after police say he ‘accidentally’ fired his weapon during Saturday’s protest in downtown Lafayette, tried to escape custody when detectives arrived at the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center.
26-year-old Terrance Jones of Lafayette was transported to the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center following his arrest at Parc Sans Souci.
According to the Sheriff’s Office spokesperson John Mowell, Jones took off running when detectives arrived at the jail house.
He was captured a short while later, Mowell said.
In addition to his charges of possession of a firearm (3 cts.), reckless discharge (1.ct) illegal use of weapons (1 ct.), and a wanted fugitive ( 4cts.), Jones was also charged with simple escape, 1 ct.
Jones was not associated with NFAC, the sheriff’s office said.
His bond is set at $85k.
- Gov. Edwards announces new LSP Superintendent
- E. Eric Guirard, mayoral candidate for Baton Rouge, shares message for undecided voters
- Steve Carter, mayoral candidate for Baton Rouge, shares message for undecided voters
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020
- WATCH: Governor Edwards holds presser on Zeta recovery efforts