ROUGAN, La. (BRPROUD) – 43-year-old Brad Patin, lost his life after driving without a seat belt on.
Around 12:30 p.m on Saturday, Patin was driving a 2000 GMC Sierra on LA Hwy 416 east of LA Hwy 983 when he hit a tree which forced his car to turn over.
Patin was ejected from the GMC Sierra and “sustained serious injuries,” according to the Louisiana State Police.
Patin was taken to a nearby hospital where he passed away.
A toxicology sample was taken from Patin and results are forthcoming.
- COVID vaccine trial: Local participant talks about their experience
- Gov. Edwards, Whip Scalise, and Sen. Cassidy comment on the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Counselors to remain available as Livingston Parish schools mourn passing of ‘special young man,’ superintendent says
- Drive-thru disaster recovery center for Hurricane Laura survivors to open in Cameron parish
- Student forced to leave high school football game because of Black Lives Matter shirt