NEW ORLEANS, La. (BRPROUD)- The Louisiana National Guard is highlighting Louisiana guardsmen for working through unprecedented times.
The organization is describing the current group of guards as, “the greatest of their generation.”
“These Generation Y and Z guardsmen may have not been labeled as the greatest generation, however they are truly the greatest of their generation,” command chief warrant officer for the LANG , Kevin Dares said. “The younger generations I know make up the majority of my workplace. They are hardworking, driven, initiative-taking leaders that have proven to me, day in and day out, that they are a cut above.”
There are over 4,900 Louisiana guardsmen supporting emergency operations.
During the ongoing coronavirus crisis, LANG is has assisted 19 medical test sites and has tested over 213,165 citizens.
“I have witnessed these young people take on the toughest international and domestic problems while working in some of the most demanding environmental and stressful conditions, and do it with a positive attitude,” said Dares.
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Denham Springs Community honors the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- InspireNOLA MLK Basketball Classic recap and highlights
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. honored at church he pastored in Montgomery
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural