NEW ORLEANS (BRPROUD) — Leaders kicked off the Bayou Classic, a Thanksgiving weekend football matchup between Southern University and Grambling State University.
Government and tourism leaders, Bayou Classic organizers and representatives from both HBCUs gave updates on the gridiron rivalry and all the other events scheduled.
The Bayou Classic celebrates its 50th year this week. Football fans will travel to New Orleans to watch the matchup and the big halftime show in Caesars Superdome Saturday, Nov. 25.
A schedule of events shows that fans can start Saturday’s gameday at the free Bayou Classic Fan Festival at 9 a.m. in Champions Square. Kickoff for the game is at 1 p.m. with doors opening at 11 a.m.
What to know: Game time, how to watch
- Game time: 1 p.m. CT
- How to watch: NBC
- How to listen: SiriusXM/ESPNU radio
Tickets for the game and the Battle of the Bands & Greek Show are available for sale on the Bayou Classic website, Ticketmaster, the New Orleans Arena Box Office, the Grambling State University Ticket Office and the Southern University Ticket Office.
Click here to buy tickets from the Bayou Classic website.
- Southern shocks #21 Mississippi State for biggest regular season win in program history, 60-59
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Felicity Huffman opens up about college admissions scandal
- Home prices are expected to fall in these US cities next year: report
- LSU to play Wisconsin in the ReliaQuest Bowl on New Year’s Day