NEW ORLEANS (BRPROUD) — Leaders kicked off the Bayou Classic, a Thanksgiving weekend football matchup between Southern University and Grambling State University.
Government and tourism leaders, Bayou Classic organizers and representatives from both HBCUs gave updates on the gridiron rivalry and all the other events scheduled.
The Bayou Classic celebrates its 50th year this week. Football fans will travel to New Orleans to watch the matchup and the big halftime show in Caesars Superdome Saturday, Nov. 25.
A schedule of events shows that fans can start Saturday’s gameday at the free Bayou Classic Fan Festival at 9 a.m. in Champions Square. Kickoff for the game is at 1 p.m. with doors opening at 11 a.m.
What to know: Game time, how to watch
- Game time: 1 p.m. CT
- How to watch: NBC
- How to listen: SiriusXM/ESPNU radio
Tickets for the game and the Battle of the Bands & Greek Show are available for sale on the Bayou Classic website, Ticketmaster, the New Orleans Arena Box Office, the Grambling State University Ticket Office and the Southern University Ticket Office.
Click here to buy tickets from the Bayou Classic website.
- Judge rejects Trump’s immunity argument in federal 2020 election case
- East Baton Rouge Parish residents to get tax notices next week
- How to care for a real Christmas tree
- Baton Rouge shoe store launches Voodoo themed sneaker
- ‘Killer preying on the unhoused’: LA police seek suspect after 3 men found dead