BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A study has Louisiana ranked last among the safest states in America.
The study, conducted by WalletHub, found that Louisiana is low in road safety, emergency preparedness, financial safety, and personal and residential safety. The study places Louisiana at the bottom of the rankings at 50.
WalletHub said Louisiana was in the top five for law enforcement employees per capita but was given a score of 43 for personal and residential safety. Louisiana was scored 46 out of 50 for fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles of travel.
Louisiana also scored 46 in assaults per capita and 47 in total loss amount for climate disasters per capita, according to the study.
Here are the rankings according to WalletHub
Safety in Louisiana (1=Safest and 25=Avg.)
- Overall rank for Louisiana: 50
- 50th – Murders and Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 46th – Assaults per Capita
- 47th – Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 38th – Job Security
- 47th – Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 46th – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 37th – Bullying Incidence Rate
- 26th – Sex Offenders per Capita
- 29th – Share of Uninsured Population