BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — We are a few weeks away from Halloween and there are places around the world where thrill seekers can visit on their upcoming spooky adventure.
According to a report from Planet Cruise, they analyzed TripAdvisor data to determine the world’s most haunted destinations.
The reports show a Louisiana location was named one of the world’s most haunted hot spots. Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville ranks in the top 10 as one of the most haunted destinations in the world. According to the data, Myrtles Plantation had 179 ‘haunted’ mentions and 62 ‘spooky’ mentions.
Myrtles Plantation is one of America’s most haunted homes. It is 26 miles from Baton Rouge making it a convenient spot to go visit. According to Myrtles Plantation’s website, the venue is steeped with history and folklore that has been passed down since the 1700s.
Here are the top 10 most haunted destinations in the world:
- 1. Mark Kings Close (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- 2. Eastern State Penitentiary (Philadelphia, USA)
- 3. The Stanley Hotel, Estes Park (Colorado, USA)
- 4. Crumlin Road Gaol (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- 5. St. Augustine Lighthouse (Florida, USA)
- 6. Bhangarh Fort (Rajasthan, India)
- 7. Bonaventure Cemetery (Savannah, USA)
- 8. Myrtles Plantation (Louisiana, USA)
- 9. Catacombs of Paris (Paris, France)
- 10. Tower of London (London, UK)