BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The founder of Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers has become one of the world’s richest people.
According to Bloomberg, Louisiana native Todd Graves’ net worth has recently reached $7.6 billion, making him the richest person from Louisiana. New Orleans Saints owner Gayle Benson was previously the richest.
Graves is ranked as the 307th richest person in the world, Bloomberg reports.
The restaurant opened on the campus of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge in 1996. The franchise expanded across the world and has over 700 locations, according to Bloomberg.
Bloomberg reports that Graves also produced a TV show in 2020 where he would visit restaurants and help them recover after the pandemic.
Along with an LSU partnership, Raising Cane’s has an ongoing partnership with Southern University.
- 10 Senate Democrats voice alarm over border security talks
- Students for Trump founder arrested, accused of assaulting girlfriend
- Colorado to ban ‘fatphobia’ discrimination in workplace, housing
- No new oil detected in Gulf of Mexico spill near Plaquemines Parish, Coast Guard says
- Ascension Parish School Board approves $1.5M air conditioning funding for school buses