JENA, La. — Early this morning, a school bus for the LaSalle Parish School System caught fire and has been declared a total loss. Thankfully, no students had been picked up before the bus went up in flames.
According to a Facebook post by The Jena Times, instruments on the bus started showing abnormal readings and then shortly after flames could be seen coming from the bus.
The driver, Kaye Huffman, pulled the bus over across from Nebo Elementary School and called the fire department.
According to the LPSB Transportation Supervisor Glen Joiner, the bus was just over a year old.
- Settlement reached for clemency hearings regarding Louisiana’s death row inmates
- Baton Rouge principal uses viral TikTok videos to bring a positive light to education field
- Multiple people have been shot on campus of Morgan State University in Baltimore, police say
- Fraud affects thousands of people, ranking Louisiana second-highest in theft reports
- Woman sues Disney for $50K after ‘painful wedgie’ on water slide